Impact Assessment, Environmental Management and Auditing
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) has been defined as an integrative environmental management tool which has the ultimate objective of providing decision-makers with an indication of the likely consequences of their decisions relating to new projects or to new programmes, plans or policies. In essence, the process involves a number of key parties including: designers, planners, developers, designated authorities, representative groups and individual citizens with a view to anticipating the likely outcomes of certain developments and providing for any unacceptable impacts which may ensue.
EIA evolved in the USA and as been incorporated in to our national planning and development control procedures. It has also been integrated with a range of authorization and licensing procedures. Since 1994, Moloney & Associates Acoustic & Environmental Consultants, have been directly involved with the EIA process and most often have acted on behalf of developers and/or planning authorities. Our practice has prepared a number of Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and we have acted as project managers for a number of EISs and consent applications. Some of the projects for which we have undertaken the preparation of all EIS documentation include:
- Pharmaceutical plant developments.
- Quarry developments.
- Chemical/Metal Processing.
- Galvanising/Engineering Facilities.
In addition, we have acted for designers and developers throughout the country on a wide range of EIA project work and have contributed specialist sections to EISs in many industries and sectors. We have also provided an advisory role through the EIA process – and have reviewed EISs and applications on behalf of developers, third parties, licensing authorities and planning authorities.
Many clients have retained our services to provide ongoing support and assistance in the management of their environmental affairs. As part of our environmental management and auditing services we have undertaken:
- Risk Assessments and interaction with licensing and enforcement authorities.
- Preparation of applications for environmental licences and permits.
- Establishing control and documentation systems.
- Environmental Auditing and Training.
- Environmental Monitoring.
- Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control.
- Developing and installing Environmental Management Systems.
The principal objectives of an Environmental Management System (EMS) are as follows:
- to develop an effective Environmental Policy,
- to implement a systematic programme which enforces Environmental Policy and also achieves improved environmental performance, and
- to achieve stated environmental objectives and targets.
We have successfully developed and installed EMSs for a number of companies. These EMSs were developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001 and/or the requirements of an IPPC licence.
Moloney & Associates Acoustic & Environmental Consultants, have also provided Environmental Management and Auditing services to a wide range of clients. We have developed long term relationships with clients based upon our ability to deliver reliable and high quality consultancy services at competitive rates.
OH Learning Approved Traning
has been awarded Approved Training Provider status by the Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA).