W503 Noise – Measurement and Effects
The next W503 course is scheduled for the: Dates to be confirmed.
This course aims to:
To provide the student with an appreciation of the nature of noise hazards in the workplace and the effects of noise on people. It also details the approach in carrying out noise assessments in the workplace and in the general environment, and to determine the significance of measurement data in relation to the various standards for compliance.
On completing this course successfully the student will be able to:
describe the consequences to health and well-being of excessive exposure to noise;
- understand the measurement (including dosimetry) of noise in relation to current standards;
- conduct surveys in the workplace to assess risks from noise;
- advise on the need and means of control including PPE;
- appreciate and advise on environmental noise assessment and concern;
- understand current standards and good practice in these fields.